Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thank you Parents.

So today my father decided to tell me he was surprised by my blog post about "Easy A." He also said "I'm glad you didn't get pregnant." As that is what most parents say when they find out their daughter slept around, that was alright. The fact that he read my blog and cared made me a little bit happier, but the fact that I never wanted him to know that pissed me off.

And thus, this rant is spawned from that anger.

I never told my parents about what I did for a damn good reason. Or at least I thought it was a damn good reason.

I never told them anything that made me depressed, angry, or even sometimes happy, because they wouldn't help the situation. They would have made it worse by yelling at me, grounding me, ridiculing me, or like my mom did once, hit me. So I kept everything inside and lived like a shell most of my years. I only opened up and changed when I moved in with Mrs. Ginger.

The reason I never asked for help from them is the simple reason of this: Psychiatrists cost too much. But a new house doesn't.
A new car doesn't cost less than a Psychiatrist.

So here's the final thing I'm going to say about this.

No amount of money can repay or replace my past. So thank you parents, I'm done blaming you for everything. Oh and when I get a job, I'm done asking for your help with "your money."

EDIT: I forgot to add that you did help once. When my anxiety attacks turned for the worse after mom's accident. That's it. That was all.

No comments:

Post a Comment