Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ms, Brightside and the Tug-of-War

So it has come to my attention that I may need to move back to Bossier City, Louisiana.

Here is my written record of the weighed pros and cons of moving and staying.

STAYING IN TEXAS
Pros
  1. I can have a happy relationship in person with Nick.
  2. H.V.Z.
  3. Team DESU within hang out distance.
  4. Possible job in a month or so.. maybe more of I get on it.
  5. Cheaper insurance.
  6. Bigger town = more jobs.
  7. Mom is here, in a hospital albeit but still here.
Cons
  1. Laziness might go down, but if I don't find a job it might increase.
  2. So many places are hiring but most say I'm not "qualified."
  3. Not to be racist, but most food places hire illegals to do the work because it's cheaper, and here in Texas there are more illegals than in Louisiana.
  4. College. I can either have a pulse and go to TCC or sell my soul to the Art Institute via debt.
  5. No real maternal support. I need someone who is a woman that I can talk to about my body changing and anything sexual with without being a 'churchly' person or someone's mom.
  6. Traffic. Traffic. Traffic.
  7. Too many car accidents. Although car crashes are inevitable.
MOVING TO LOUISIANA
Pros
  1. Guaranteed jobs.
  2. Two places to stay.
  3. Support system.
  4. Happier mind set, knowing that I can do this, having that backbone support to get me started the right way.
  5. L.S.U.S. and an affordable college program.
  6. Stability.
  7. Like I did in school when I moved to Texas, I'll jump into action and get on the ball with jobs.

Cons
  1. Four hours away from Mom.
  2. Leaving H.V.Z., friends, and Nick.
  3. My history there.
  4. Learning how to budget.
  5. Higher insurance.
Now, with this done.. I can reflect.
I am not doing this because everyone keeps telling me to move back. That is part of the reason, but that only sparked the thought.

This blog post was to get rid of that nagging, terrible Tug-of-war feeling I was getting while I was in Louisiana. So over the next few days, I will think this over.. thoroughly. And hopefully, I can give my emotions time to stop rippling into my thought process long enough for me to make the best conclusion based on these facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment